For Public School Learners and Teachers:
My favorite situation for using The Bondaygee System is in the public school system of South Korea, like I used to do in Seoul. To give an amazing vocabulary boost to your school, which is far beyond the expectation of your curriculum do this:
1. Tell your students your going to be using the "Fun and Exciting Teaching Methods of "James Bondaygee 제임스 번데기., 신기한 원어민 선생님!"
2. After you say this, go to Youtube and search for "The Bondaygee Song" (번데기 송), created by James Bondaygee. By this time, the students' imaginations will be "turned on" and ready for learning!
3. Go to Study Menu section VGW#1 above and download all the files at the bottom of that page. Print a large VGW#1 Poster and show it to all of the students at your school and keep it pinned to a wall where they can all see (natural curiosity is the best teacher).
4. Print a paper copy of the VGW#1 Word list and give it to all students. Next, start playing the Very Good Word Music Videos in class and have students sing a long, encouraging them to memorize all the words.
5. Do steps 1-4 for all the classes of the same grade. At a school I taught at, we had ten Grade 3 classes and when we started the Bondaygee System, we had all the classes compete together to see who could memorize the words first.
It was incredibly fun because we gave out prizes for the first students or the best classes in the school.
6. When students succeed in memorizing a song, have them come to the front of the class and ask them to recite all the words of the song, (발표하다).
7. If your students are more advanced, you can use the Sentence List and mp3 listening file and have them write and memorize 5 or more sentences per class depending on their level. You can test them next class, by asking them to write in English the sentence, which the Korean teacher says in Korean. Example, ("Please write in English: 난 친구가 많아요". Or you can ask them orally, "Who can say this in English: 난 친구가 많아요?" ). By the end of the year, I promise you, your students will have a much better headstart with English than other schools.
1. Show students this website and encourage them to download and study in the their free time. When competing, you'll be surprised how hard some students will work. I bet they'll memorize it all by next class! With the "Bondaygee style" of learning, don't be surprised.
2. Make videos of the students successfully doing recitals (발표하다) of the Very Good Word Songs and post on your class website. They will feel honored.
3. Try to see which class is the fastest in memorizing the words. Make it a school game.
4. Contact myself, Mr. Bondaygee. Though I'm in Canada now, I could possibly do a webcam appearance in your class with Skype.
5. Have fun. I used to use my guitar and sing the songs while the video played in the classroom. It was a lot of fun!
6. If you can play guitar then try playing and singing these study songs in class along with the music video. Send an email if you want the guitar chords. It's all easy!